Background. StackOverflow has recently published a policy update concerning the AI-generated answers specifically mentioning GPT and ChatGPT. The policy notes that current AI-generated contributions are failing to
- validate the answer is correct,
- cite sources used in the answer, and
- verify the answer clearly and concisely answers the question.
The policy considers these failures a trust issue and empowers moderators to use their discretion to issue immediate suspensions of up to 30 days to violators. (with or without warning).
Discussions from related SE sites:
- Temporary policy: ChatGPT is banned
- What should I do if I suspect that a question or answer is written by ChatGPT
Quantum Computing SE
- Ban ChatGPT network-wide
- How can we enforce the ChatGPT ban?
- How often does ChatGPT give an incorrect answer to an SE question?
- Is there a list of ChatGPT discussions and policies for our sites?
Q: How should OR.SE handle AI-generated answers?